This note is a summary of original link
- Make a blog first to build audience
- Publishers only 10%, Leanpub 80%.
- Grammarly to correct English
- yEd for diagrams
- one year writing, very time-consuming process
- marketing: using the blog
- paperback: KDP
- training video from book material
- Don't be afraid to set a higher price if you provide a high-quality book. My ebook costs 25$ and the paperback 45$.
- Use discounts: black friday really works
- never write a book alone
- Mi gran cuello de botella al escribir el libro ha sido la gestión de referencias. Buscar un software que lo haga guay... Látex? Etc
Leanpub is a marketing tool
You can avoid wasting a lot of time with Leanpub if you understand all the things you need that Leanpub didn't give you.
Leanpub is not a publishing platform. Doesn't provide you:
- review/feedback way
- citation/reference management
- a bidirectional way to communicate with your readers
- grammar review
- a way to develop respecting how your brain works: graph view and initial idea --> refinement system
- diagram/image management
- markdown editor
- marketing strategy (out of Leanpub)
- advanced layout design
- cover design
It provides you:
- building system (but not locally, slow feedback): all building formats (ePub, mobi, HTML, PDF)
- printable PDF!
- Markua: ¿limitations?
- marketing based on published % (continuous announcement)